When the holidays roll around, self-care often takes a back seat. When you take care of you, you can better take care for others. Here are 12 days of Holiday Self-care that can help you find peace in the bustle.
1. Deep Breathing – Set your timer for 3 minutes and focus on deep breathing. Inhale while counting to 5 and exhale while counting to 10. Deep breathing can slow your heart rate and bring much needed oxygen to your brain for a clear mind.
2. Offer Help and Ask for Help – Give a little, get a little. Be generous with your time and effort and invite people into your life and create support for yourself.
3. Meditation – is a effective way to train our mental muscles to do things we set our mind to. Take 5 minutes a day to quiet your mind and visualize your goals.
4. Gratitude Journal – writing down what you are grateful for helps you focus on the positive things in your life.
5. A moment of reflection – start your day off with a moment of reflection – hold a cup of hot coffee or tea in both hands and focus on the warmth in your hands.
6. Practice Gratitude – Say thank you. Thank you to yourself. Thank you to others.
7. Celebrate and Treat yourself – Self appreciation and self-love is the foundation of any self-care activity. Start your day by writing down 3 things to achieve by the end of the day and celebrate when you check off your list.
8. A soothing bath – light some candles or use essential oils to create a calm, soothing atmosphere.
9. Take yourself on a date and do something nice for yourself. A cup of coffee by the ocean. A walk in the park. A 90 minute massage and a healthy lunch.
10. De-clutter your space and organize – get rid of things that no longer serve a purpose or do not spark joy.
11. Check in with yourself like you would with a friend – Ask yourself “how are you feeling?” Allow yourself to answer without judgment and listen to how you feel.
12. Spend time in nature or bring nature into your home. Think: Plants, hiking, walking, scenic drives. Take a moment to go slow and observe.
Self care doesn’t always involve a manicure, facial or massage. A self care activity can be as simple as drinking enough H2O. Tackle this holiday season with taking a moment for you!
Body & Soul Massage in Salem Ma offers the highest quality in Massage and Bodywork. Massage Gift Certificates are available online, via phone or in person. Curbside pick-up available. Visit www.bodysoulsalem.com or call 978-825-0040