These are confusing and challenging times. As therapists we know you are stressed and we miss being able to help you terribly. We have put together a list of ideas on how you can safeguard yourself against respiratory illness. Some of these are proven, some are not, and we encourage you to always follow CDC recommended guidelines.
1. Drink lots of hot liquids – coffee, tea, warm water. Also, take a sip of warm water every 20 minutes to keep your mouth moist. This flushes any viral bacteria into the gut to be processed and eliminated.
2. Gargle with Antiseptic in warm water like Listerine, vinegar, salt or lemon, every day if possible.
3. Take a bath or shower when you get in from the outside. If you are unable to wash clothes regularly hang them outside in direct sunlight.
4. Wash metallic surfaces very carefully. Take note and be vigilant about touching handrails and door knobs and in your own home wipe down regularly.
5. Don’t smoke!
6. Wash your hands every 20 minutes with foaming soap for 20 seconds.
7. Eat fruits and vegetables, try to elevate your Zinc and Vitamin D levels.
8. Try to avoid eating and drinking cold things and stay away from too much sugar.
9. If you feel a sore throat coming on, attack it immediately with warm liquids and taking the precautions above.
10. Move. Take regular walks to get fresh air and sunshine. If you are self-quarantined in the home check out your local gym or yoga studio for online classes.
Finally this is a time of resiliency and reflection. Take time each day to reflect on being grateful for what you do have.
The Body & Soul Massage office is closed but we are still available by phone or email. Follow us on Facebook or Instagram for more self-care tips. 978-825-0040 email@example.com