Do you find yourself feeling stressed quite frequently? Maybe you find it hard to feel relaxed and calm? Perhaps you are wanting to find a technique that can help with these things?
You may of have heard of the Japanese technique called Reiki, but this can be a great stress-reducing practice. This particular technique was developed in Japan, in the early 20th Century and is now practiced around the world.
What Is Reiki?
A Japanese technique used for relaxation and stress reduction, Reiki is normally practiced with the Reiki Practitioner laying his or her hands over the client’s body, using different hand positions, so that energy can flow through.
The word Reiki is made up of two Japanese words. ‘Rei’ meaning ‘God’s Wisdom or the ‘Higher Power’ and ‘Ki’ meaning ‘life force energy’. The idea of this is that when someone has low life force energy, they can be more likely to get sick or feel stressed and unrelaxed. When the practice is happening the high life force energy can flow through from the practitioner’s hands into the client’s body, increasing positive energy.
The Reiki can treat the person’s body, their emotions, mind, and spirit which can help them to feel relaxed and at peace. Reiki is a method of spiritual healing and self-improvement.
5 Benefits of Reiki
1. Reduces Depression and Anxiety Studies have shown that Reiki can help to reduce depression and anxiety by changing your mood. Reiki has been shown to help those in a negative mood, change and feel more positive through receiving the life force energy and dissolving any energetic blockages.
Then, once your mood improves, your stress levels can reduce as well as any anxiety you might have. This, in turn, will help accelerate your manifestation journey.
2. Self Care Tool: Reiki can also be used by yourself, as a self-care practice. You can perform Reiki on your own body too, and this can be a great way to de-stress and be at peace after a long day. If you think about when you may have accidentally hurt yourself, your body heals on its own, so using Reiki can bring that healing energy to your body and get rid of any energetic blockages.
You can pick a time, set up your space and use the technique on yourself, which will give you some self-care, and you also might find you are calmer and have greater inner peace.
3. Eases Pain Research has shown that Reiki has been able to help people with certain pains and other symptoms that they may have. Whilst it is not a direct cure, it can alleviate a range of physical difficulties.
Studies have shown Reiki can be very effective when it comes to reducing symptoms of pain. Another study revealed that Cancer patients who took part in Reiki had their tiredness, pain, and anxiety significantly decrease. Reiki can also have a positive effect on our bodies, helping us to prevent catching colds or other infections.
4. Boosts Intuition and Creativity Reiki can reduce your stress levels and bring you clarity and focus. This can be great for focusing on your intuition as you can feel more rational and stress-free.
With creativity, Reiki can help as it breaks down any energetic blocks. Once you are free of these blocks you can focus on opening up new avenues and inspirations, be able to generate new ideas and use your imagination easily letting your creativity flow.
5. Calms the Mind Because Reiki can help you to reconnect with your heart, and with your Higher Self, it can really help you to clear your energy of any negativity. Reiki can help you to reconnect with your true center, you can then become aware of any negative patterns that you may be holding on to and letting take over.
Using Reiki can help you to face your negative energies and focus on when you are holding on to them. This can help you to let go of them and clear your mind. You can then focus on the positive energy that you have, that flows through you, which will help to calm your mind.
Experience Reiki at Body & Soul Massage in Salem Ma. Visit our website at www.bodysoulsalem.com or call 978-825-0040 to schedule your Reiki treatment today.