September is Self-Care Awareness Month
September is a time to remember to take care of ourselves. Most people have a million things to worry about each day, and their own health is often overlooked. However, it’s important to remember that we cannot help others if we don’t care for ourselves.
What Is Self-Care?
Self-care is the mindset, activities, practices and habits we bring to bear against stress, unhappiness, illness, depression and many other negative emotions. Self-care is about giving ourselves relief when we feel overwhelmed. It is about addressing our problems holistically.
Why Is Self-Care Important?
Self-care is important in maintaining a healthy relationship with yourself as it produces positive feelings and boosts your confidence and self-esteem. Self-care is necessary to remind yourself and others that you and your needs are important too and ensures that you stay sharp, motivated and healthy.
Practicing Self-Care can change your life
The first thing to remember about self-care is that it is not indulgent. Self-care is all about taking care of the little things that matter to you and make you feel good so that you can assist others.
Here are a few Self-Care Ideas
- When the alarm goes off, take 10 deep breaths, focusing on the inhale and exhale. Inhale new and exhale positive vibes for the day.
- Make time to exercise. Keeping our bodies fit and healthy is an important aspect of self-care. Hit the gym, go for a run, or simply take the dog for a walk.
- Focus on fresh food. Take some extra time on Sunday to prepare a large meal incorporating fresh, local ingredients.
- Crank the tunes and sign along. Self-care isn’t just about physical health; it’s important to take emotional and mental health into account too.
- Not only does it feel good on the stressed out muscles, it calms the central nervous system allowing your brain to take a break
Commit to your self-care today! Body & Soul Massage in Salem Ma offers a monthly Massage membership program and Health Savings Plans are accepted.
Call or email today for more information. 978-825-0040 email@example.com